News: Gypsy tart originated from the Isle of Sheppey
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Rochester Cathedral  (Read 37911 times)

Offline Rochester-bred

• Appreciation 42
Re: Rochester Cathedral
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2012, 11:55:32 »
Great pictures , as a child my brothers and I used to play statues down the crypts of the cathedral it was not lit up as well as it is today and we never got told off as we were very quiet and as soon as anyone came down we said we had to right an essay for school, Most children in them days that I knew of would never dream of defacing or damaging anything.
***I am still the child within***

Offline Riding With The Angels

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 36
    • Ghost Connections
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2011, 23:11:59 »
Only saw that in the guide book when I got home - damn will have to go back!
:-)

Invicta

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2011, 22:52:10 »
Great thread! I've spent many hours of my life there... I don't think I've spotted any so photos of it so far, but if you go down into the crypt and head over to one of the corners you can see some old paintings of knights in chain armour on the ceiling.

Offline seb

• Appreciation 3
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 06:29:35 »
Sometimes it is better if photograph is developed with dark areas made light and light areas made dark.  The figure I see is blurred but is definitely holding something clasped in their hands.  Could be a book, could be a rosary.

Offline numanfan

• Appreciation 126
    • www.move2medway.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2011, 11:13:44 »
Without trying to upset people who genuinely believe, I must have photographed hundreds of 'ghosts'!

Every photo that is poorly lit / focussed / incorrect flash etc. will produce an image like that one, and then you can 'see' whatever you want to see.

Why is it that every 'sighting' is captured in such poor quality? Why are there no crystal-clear images that would make cynics like me sit up & say 'Crikey, that really is a ghost in that photo!'?
www.move2medway.co.uk - take the journey

Offline seb

• Appreciation 3
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2011, 07:04:52 »
Thank you for posting a photograph but can you describe it to me as I cannot see anything.

donna packer

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2011, 15:11:07 »
i am glad i am not the only person to believe, i go on regular ghost vigils and i noticed only yesterday that one of the paranormal groups i belong to has a visit to fort amherst soon, i have been all over the country visiting different places and have had some really good and also some really quite frightening experiences, i remember in my 20's i used to live a stones throw from rochester castle/cathederal and i used to spend many a night sat under the hanging tree waiting for anything to happen i used to work in the roebuck inn and i used to lock up of a night and quite a few times things happened i cannot explain and i have no intentions of trying to i
 know what i have seen and experienced and i will continue to hunt

kevin payne

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2011, 14:52:18 »
hi alanh,I'm glad you believe,and thats a very nice story about your dad,After the experiences iv'e had i have no choice but to believe,and capturing ghosts on camera even though you cannot see them with your eyes at the time,leaves a lot of explaining,i and my friend neil,finished our "haunted rochester" book six months early due to the huge response from the people of rochester who had stories to offer us.Apart from bishop gundulph,and st.william of perth supposedly being interred in the cathedral,theres also supposed to be a prince from transylvania buried there somewhere,who was murdered in strood hundreds of years ago,i
 wonder wether he was a vampire!

Offline AlanH

• Appreciation 27
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 08:52:34 »
I look forward to more on this as I for one believe in ghosts. It is said by many to be ones imagination but there's definitely something there and my own experience of my long dead Dad touching my head when I felt so strange one day convinces me.
It was the oddest thing I've ever felt and I'm not one given to silly imaginations.
AlanH.

kevin payne

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 16:47:06 »
On the 20th december 2008, i caught a ghost on camera in the cathedral ,the only person in the building with me was a female verger,the clergy at the cathedral have asked to see it as they have been seeing something around the building of late.I dont really know how to put photos on here,but i went to medway messenger offices yesterday,and gave them a story and gave them the photo to scan and also one that my sister took of a ghost of a monk in the chapel of rochester castle,hopefully it will be in the next addition of the medway messenger,anyway,both photos will be in our book "haunted rochester" which is due out in april.

medwayboy

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 05:49:24 »

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 13:39:23 »
 :)

pilgrim

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2010, 11:34:11 »
Does anybody know what become of the civil war uniforms that were in a glass case in the crypt?

Offline Riding With The Angels

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 36
    • Ghost Connections
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2010, 01:55:58 »
I have to say it was my wife that saw it whilst I was snapping away outside. I may drop them an email to confirm. I was last there a couple of years ago and was fine and if you have been round in the last couple of months perhaps it was just on this occasion.

Merv

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 00:32:25 »
No photos?
The shop isn't selling postcards with images is it?
We were not allowed to film inside The Alamo for the same reason

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines