News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pub Indexes  (Read 2876 times)

Offline Leofwine

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 355
  • Today is only yesterday's tomorrow
    • Brompton History Research Group
Re: Pub Indexes
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 14:30:13 »
Some of you may have seen I have been adding pub indexes for areas outside Medway. I have tried to divide the areas up logically, but some divisions have to be fairly arbitrary. If you see any that should be indexed in another area please mention it in the appropriate index thread.

The indexing is an ongoing process and with about 500 pub threads to work through will take a while.  If you add a new pub thread, please put a note and link in the appropriate index. Likewise, feel free to post links to existing threads that are not yet indexed as this helps me updating the indexes.
=========
Brompton History Research Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1891788967775575/

Offline Leofwine

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 355
Re: Pub Indexes
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 14:17:06 »
Since Richrat2000 seems determined to keep me busy (keep up the good work sir!) I have just updated the various Medway Pub index threads.

I try to do this on a fairly regular basis but I might occasionally miss one. If I do please let me know. Also, if you do start a new thread on a medway pub it would be handy if you could post a quick message on the appropriate index thread just to make sure it doesn't get missed from the indexes.

And if anyone with better knowledge of the areas than me fancies collating indexes for another area - e.g. Canterbury, Dover, Folkestone, Grain/Hoo Peninsular, Gravesend, Thanet, etc that would be useful too!
=========

Offline Leofwine

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 355
Pub Indexes
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 16:18:03 »
As some of you may have seen I have been posting threads with indexes to the threads about Medway pubs, sorted by town.  The idea is to make it easier to find if a particular pub already has its own thread, rather than relying on the vagaries of search (King's Head or Kings Head are two different searches for example) or having to trawl through about 350 (at time of writing) headings looking for the right one!

I hope I have them pretty complete, but if you see I have missed one, or you add a thread on a new pub, please let me know and I will do my best to keep them up to date (as long as we don't lose the 'modify' button for our posts!) Likewise, if I have mis-linked one or something similar, please let me know.

I have tried to put the list in alphabetical order (ignoring the 'The' that most pub names start with!), and where a pub has had more than one name I have included 'aka' lists for it, and listed it under each name. Again, if I have missed an alternate name, please let me know.

There are a number of other towns outside Medway with many pub threads on the forum, but I am much less familiar with those areas, so hopefully someone else familiar with those areas might like to do similar for them. Areas I have noticed with multiple pub threads are Dover, Folkestone, Ramsgate/Thanet, Sittingbourne, Canterbury, Gravesend/Northfleet and Maidstone. Oddly, I didn't notice much for areas like Ashford, Dartford, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, etc

I hope these will prove useful to other members, and may help the moderators by stopping too many duplicate pub threads!
=========

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines