News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: chatham carnival/ fairground  (Read 3569 times)

Geoff B

Re: chatham carnival/ fairground
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 23:19:17 »
The fair used to belong to Henry Forest. He retired with his family to Leysdown. Some of his family still live there.

Richrat2000

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 16:47:45 »
Hi.. Can not remember the carnival coming up palmerston but i sure remember the fairs in chatham football ground, I would skive school and get a job helping to put it up and would often work the darts or hoopla stall.. funny, how my family would always win a goldfish of soft toy, ha,ha. great days!

The Carnivals in those days would start at Luton Rec.. go along Luton road through chatham high street and finish behind the town hall.
They changed in the 80s to starting in Rochester, came through the Rochester chatham end of high street into medway street and finish in dockyard.
Think it would have been a bit tight for them getting to the bottom of palmerston to start the Run.. cant see it coming up fish shop or chalk pit hill.

Hey stewie, I had a aunt who lived on the luton terraces and would always watch from there.. sure it went the other way though???

Offline Stewie

• Appreciation 16
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 20:11:32 »
Chathamhammer, Sorry, I cannot recall this route but in the 60's it came from the Town Hall and along Luton Road to the Recreation Ground. We used to live on one of the elevated terraces and had a grandstand view!

chathamhammer

chatham carnival/ fairground
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 23:11:39 »
anyone remember the chatham  carnival back in the early-mid 70,s coming up palmerston road  and then along along bourneville ave (adjacent  to the football ground and cemetry) to maidstone road,the fair was always on and it was always forresters fair. great days and never no trouble!!

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines