News: In 1834 a 13 metre long Iguanadon fossil was found in Queen’s Road in Maidstone
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Studio 137, High St., Sheerness.  (Read 12013 times)

johnabutler

Re: Studio 137, High St., Sheerness.
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2011, 20:46:13 »
I think that the third of the Tindall girls was Vicky Their Dad also ran a garage and repair business a little way along the High Street towards the Spirtualists' Church. One took one's "Esso Blue" paraffin can there, which he would refill from a drum, which was kept in the garage office.
Mrs Tindall concentrated on the confectionery business, on the corner of Albion Place, where even modest purchases of 2ozs.of sweets or four halfpenny chews would still be carefully dispensed in a white paper bag. The Tindalls were very helpful in stretching the pocket money of impoverished young pupils from Delamark Road School.

timjen

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2011, 20:19:38 »
Hi CDP, yes, that was me Colin. I have to admit I added a fairly unflattering post to the "Teaching at the Tech" thread, sorry. I'll have to add some of my Tech School photo's.

Minsterboy,  I was talking about Covert Camera at the time lol

Tim

Minsterboy

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 06:51:01 »
TimJen,

and ironic that, when asked at your presentation at a Minster Parish Council's meeting why you didn't photograph wrong-doers, you stated that you weren't allowed too.

Offline CDP

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 87
    • SHEERNESS/SHEPPEY/PENNEY
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 23:19:26 »
Are you the Timjen that was in my photo club at the Tech ( the good ole Tech !!) BRING BACK THE TECH
The solution to every problem is a.) time , or  b.) another problem.

timjen

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 22:44:39 »

Does Timgen have anything to do with canine controls?

I certainly do, bit of a change from the old photography days.

busyglen

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 18:41:53 »
Busyglen, The Crown Pub is to the right of the 20 mph sign, if that helps.

Sorry I didn't reply to your post.  I had a line drop and couldn't get back in until now. 

For a moment, I'd forgotten where the road came through, as previously the Millenium way cut through the Police houses where I used to live, and Invicta Rd. was further up where the garage now is.

Minsterboy

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 15:47:00 »
Well that's two of the three sisters named, I wonder if anybody else can name the third.
Does Timgen have anything to do with canine controls?

busyglen

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 15:01:00 »
Busyglen, you are spot on, it was previously Tindalls sweet shop. We were on the corner of Albium Place (is that what it was called, I know it was knocked years before the new road was put in?) with Foys electricals on the other corner & Noakes garage next door.

It was Albion Place, so you weren't far out. :)

busyglen

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 14:58:44 »
Tindalls was a great sweet shop. Mr. Tindall I believe was, or looked, of foreign extraction. He had a son Duncan, who I was at school with, and three very attractive daughters whose names all began with the letter V - Vita is the only one I can remember.

The daughter I remember was Vida.  She was pretty and and dressed arty.

Minsterboy

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 12:45:25 »
Kays Corner, there's a blast from the past. It was the corner of Invicta Road with the High Street. Tindall's was quite a bit further up, opposite the Crown pub, but there was a sweet shop on Kays Corner, it stood on the corner, alongside a terrace of houses that ran to the snooker hall next to the Queens pub. The houses and shop were eventually knocked down and the site became Vidgens garage.
On the other corner of Invicta Road was Shaw's sweet factory and across the High Street, next to what is now Honors, there used to be Jeans furniture removers with their blue furniture lorries. A bit further along from Honors and opposite Shaws was Mann the greengrocers alongside Ball's fish 'n chip shop.

Minsterboy

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 07:08:58 »
Tindalls was a great sweet shop. Mr. Tindall I believe was, or looked, of foreign extraction. He had a son Duncan, who I was at school with, and three very attractive daughters whose names all began with the letter V - Vita is the only one I can remember.

timjen

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 23:01:21 »
Busyglen, you are spot on, it was previously Tindalls sweet shop. We were on the corner of Albium Place (is that what it was called, I know it was knocked years before the new road was put in?) with Foys electricals on the other corner & Noakes garage next door.

Offline colin haggart

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 21
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 21:13:23 »
Busyglen, The Crown Pub is to the right of the 20 mph sign, if that helps.

busyglen

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 19:02:04 »
I may be out in my estimation of how far up Studio 137 was, but wasn't it previously Tindalls sweet shop many moons ago?  I `think' that Tindalls was almost opposite Kays Corner, which is now where the garage is opposite Honours.

timjen

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 00:46:17 »
I think I remember Studio 137 and George Poules, yes it's coming back to me now, I worked there from 1973 until 1985, seems like yesterday. Yes, George was, and still is very much French, an often mis-understood person who could be slightly cavalier in his methods, but someone I have a great deal of admiration and fondness for.

I also owe him a lot, after all, we really had great fun there and its where I met my wife. She worked for me when she left school, we met up again years later, and have been together for 18 years now. Somewhere I have some old photos Studio 137 in the carnival, I'll have to dig them out.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines