News: The modern name of Kent is derived from the Brythonic word kantos meaning "rim" or "border", or possibly from a homonymous word kanto "horn, hook"
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Military Families Hospital Brompton  (Read 18047 times)

Offline Leofwine

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 355
  • Today is only yesterday's tomorrow
    • Brompton History Research Group
Re: Military Families Hospital Brompton
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 13:12:16 »
I guess closing it was not considered economic as I know a couple of people (including at least one member of the KHF) who were born there in the 1950s. I'm not sure exactly when it did close but I know the medical centre in Maxwell Road which was associated with it closed c.1966. I assume the families hospital closed about the same time, but stand to be corrected.

The Military Families Hospital shown on a 1932 Map
=========
Brompton History Research Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1891788967775575/

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
Military Families Hospital Brompton
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 13:00:42 »
P.U.S. was asked at the Estimates Committee yesterday, whether it would not be possible to close town the hospital for women and children at Chatham and send patients either to a special ward in the Naval Hospital or to civil hospitals.
If it was decided to make use of the civil hospitals, should we have to pay retaining fees and the cost of the patients and, if so, would there still be an economy with the cost of the present hospital.
Will you let us know as soon as you can what answer can be sent to the Estimates Committee.
The next meeting of the Committee is on Monday, the 21st.

15/6/26.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines