News: The modern name of Kent is derived from the Brythonic word kantos meaning "rim" or "border", or possibly from a homonymous word kanto "horn, hook"
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Furrells road Wharf Rochester  (Read 3186 times)

Offline Mike S

• Appreciation 10
Re: Furrells road Wharf Rochester
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 20:22:38 »
Does anyone have any pictures of the Wharf that was next to Rochester Train station as you went down Furrells road near Bardell terrace and under the train bridge where the trains had a yard for leaving their lorry's back in the 60/70s Id like to know a bit more about this area but am not sure what the name of the wharf was (Furrells maybe) I know the one further along was Blue Boar wharf ,as children we used this place as a playground unsafe I know but that's how it was in those days we where careful by the river .
I always thought that it was called Furrells Wharf - it is where The Queen of the Channel was moored for the winter

Offline ChrisExiledFromStrood

• Appreciation 6
Re: Furrells road Wharf Rochester
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 19:57:06 »
There's a thread on the goods yard here: http://www.kenthistoryforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=4008.0

Rochester-bred

Furrells road Wharf Rochester
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 15:18:58 »
Does anyone have any pictures of the Wharf that was next to Rochester Train station as you went down Furrells road near Bardell terrace and under the train bridge where the trains had a yard for leaving their lorry's back in the 60/70s Id like to know a bit more about this area but am not sure what the name of the wharf was (Furrells maybe) I know the one further along was Blue Boar wharf ,as children we used this place as a playground unsafe I know but that's how it was in those days we where careful by the river .

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines