News: Gypsy tart originated from the Isle of Sheppey
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Sevenoaks Blighs Meadow Bus station - Any photo's ?  (Read 5847 times)

Offline MartinR

• Appreciation 4
Re: Sevenoaks Blighs Meadow Bus station - Any photo's ?
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 21:44:38 »
Back in the late 1980s I occasionally had to catch the bus from the Pollhill Arms to Tunbridge Wells.  The bus used to pull into Sevenoaks bus station, switch off, and the crew went off for a break.  It seemed to take forever when you're wanting to be home at the end of a working day!

Offline JohnH

• Appreciation 2
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 17:38:51 »
Does anyone remember the formidable cleaning lady?  It is apparently sometimes rumoured that she hailed from the well-known Gloucestershire village of Meysey Purdey.

Offline editorsfoot

• Appreciation 2
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 15:04:05 »
I had a lot of friends who lived in Sevenoaks, and often used to catch the 706 from Tonbridge to Sevenoaks. I vaguely remember there being a little office slightly above ground where one of the London Country (as it was in my time) officials used to sit, guess he had the job of keeping an eye on the comings and goings.

Offline cliveh

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 154
    • Kent's Historical Sites
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 12:40:55 »
Seeing the Blighs Meadow topics, I used to drive out of there on all LT Country Buses based at Dunton Green in 1964/66. I would be interested to see if anyone remembers those days & crews. regards Pete F.

I certainly remember the bus garage pforgham. I lived in Dunton Green for 17 years but we didn't move there until 1967. Just trying to rack my old memory to remember any names of guys that I might have known that would've worked there in your time.

cliveh

pforgham

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 19:33:49 »
Seeing the Blighs Meadow topics, I used to drive out of there on all LT Country Buses based at Dunton Green in 1964/66. I would be interested to see if anyone remembers those days & crews. regards Pete F.

Offline cliveh

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 154
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 12:30:34 »
thanks for those replies.

was up at sevenoaks last week, did the the Blighs meadow bus stn have 2 entrances ?

No GP, it just had the one on to and in from the High Street. The adjoining car park was accessed from London Road.

cliveh

Offline GP

• Appreciation 12
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 08:30:19 »
Thanks for those replies.

Was up at Sevenoaks last week. Did the the Blighs Meadow Bus Stn. have 2 entrances ?

Offline cliveh

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 154
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 15:09:24 »
I remember the bus station well GP! Used to use it a lot in my youth back in the late 60's & early 70's. It was certainly a very busy station back then. I remember there was a small waiting room & a kiosk. I think Southdown buses used to run from there as well. I even remember I used to catch either Nos. 431 & 402 London Country or No.704 Green Line buses from there back home to Dunton Green!   :)

Funny enough I was back there last week for the first time in years and parked in the car park where the bus station used to be.

cliveh

Offline GP

• Appreciation 12
Sevenoaks Blighs Meadow Bus station - Any photo's ?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 12:07:13 »
I am looking for photos of the former Sevenoaks Bus station on Blighs Meadow. This has now been developed into a shopping centre.

Can't find much on the web anywhere.  I guess KHF does not seem to have much about that area.

Memories about the Bus station would be interesting, as London Transport Country buses, Greenline and M&D all used it.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines