News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hot dog /burger seller Chatham High Street/70s  (Read 4140 times)

Offline Ajemp

• Appreciation 15
Re: Hot dog /burger seller Chatham High Street/70s
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 21:45:41 »
Thanks Erfman, I was sure it was (WILLIAMS). He was a man of many occupations; a few years ago, after he passed away, somebody put a clip in the local rag ,"Is anyone interested in making a film of his life?". He must have been a busy young man...I don't know what the outcome was .........I do remember that his mother lived in Beacon Road. Anyway, thanks again Erfman.............Ajemp.

Offline smiler

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 68
  • Far better to be screwed up than screwed down
Re: Hot dog /burger seller Chatham High Street/70s
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 20:28:14 »
Mario's and Tony's hairdressers is in Church St.

erfman

Re: Hot dog /burgar seller Chatham high street/70s
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 15:49:14 »
Mick Williams was his name, he used to live in Lordswood, I new him for many years. I say "was" because he passed away around 10 or so years ago.

Offline Rochester-bred

• Appreciation 42
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 09:52:30 »
Hi! I do remember a hot dog seller in the High Street back then and also where Ratner`s the Jewellers used to be. There was an alley beside which went to a man`s hairdressers called Mario and Tony`s I think. I used to take my son there when he was a nipper, it later went to Gillingham High Street I think.
***I am still the child within***

Offline Lyn L

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 84
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 09:30:03 »
I don't remember the man so much, but didn't he have the hairdressers down that alleyway in a door way at the bottom next to the cafe. Also seem to think he ran that too, at one time anyway. Opposite the Central Hall.
Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life tryi

Offline smiler

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 68
  • Far better to be screwed up than screwed down
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 08:26:16 »
Can`t say I remember him in particular but I remember seeing one of these venders drop a burger on the ground picked it up and put in what was his rubbish bag. Served the customer and within a minute got it back out and served it to his next customer, I wouldn't have one off them if they gave them away.

Offline Ajemp

• Appreciation 15
Hot dog /burger seller Chatham High Street/70s
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 22:14:29 »
Any memories of this man? He had a stall in the main street and also ran a hair dressing shop and I think many other involvements. I think his surname was Williams and if he was busy elsewhere, his mother would run the stall.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines