News: In June 1557 Edmund Allin, his wife and five others were burnt at the stake, where Drakes pub now stands in Fairmeadow, Maidstone, for refusing to accept Catholicism.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Shukers farm cafe  (Read 2685 times)

Birtylad

Re: Shukers farm/caf'e
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 10:36:12 »
I remember Shukers very well around 1977 I was friends with John Merrett who's dad Bob had Cossington Farm down Bell Lane. If I stayed over on a weekend we always used to go to Shukers Shop for a "Penneth" of sweets and Mr Merrett would buy his rolling tobacco. I remember the bird but thought it was a Mynah bird ????

Offline smiler

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 68
  • Far better to be screwed up than screwed down
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 12:39:53 »
Back in the 60s either a son or grandson had a couple of tippers Shuker Transport

patmore

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2012, 00:05:42 »
'Pop' Schuker, thats going back a bit!

Offline Ajemp

• Appreciation 15
Shukers farm cafe
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 21:45:11 »

Not sure which area it  comes under, Shukers farm/cafe, in the late sixties Shukers cafe was the place to visit when on motor cycles, just along from motorway bridge Walderslade, it was then a running farm and cafe, but now it is derelict, has been for many years.  If any one remembers old man Shuker  he had a parrot that would take sweets out of a glass jar and then give to the customer ...some killjoy  reported this to the health authority and "polly" was banned.  I pass the buildings a lot, and it now is a total wreck.  Is there any family I wonder?...  any knowledge?
                                               Ajemp

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines