News: In 1834 a 13 metre long Iguanadon fossil was found in Queen’s Road in Maidstone
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: King George V silver model  (Read 1984 times)

Offline bromptonboy

• Appreciation 34
Re: King George V silver model
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 18:48:08 »
Glad to be of some assistance. Let us know how you get on.

Julia

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 07:37:34 »
Hi, Thank you for the information, I was beginning to think I was dreaming lol.  I will certainly give them a ring thank you,

Offline bromptonboy

• Appreciation 34
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 22:52:50 »
There was an exhibition of the Chatham Silver Collection in the St George's Church at about the date you mention. It was all drawn from the RN Trophy Store in Portsmouth. A call to the RN Museum in Portsmouth should bring a result.

Julia

King George V silver model
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 15:57:09 »
Hi, can anyone throw any light on this for me please.  I can remember going to the church in the Chatham dockyard around 1995ish where there was a silver model of King George V's funeral cortege.  My father was one of the 250 ratings that walked behind the coffin.  Every sailor was depicted with his name on the base.  I never took my camera but was promised a photo by the local paper as I had lent  the organisor for their display a large photograph.  I never received the photograph and a) I wonder if anyone has a copy I could see or b) know the whereabouts of this model.  I have tried ringing both Chatham and Portsmouth dockyards but no one seems to know what I am talking about !

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines