News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Staples Medway Street Chatham  (Read 3989 times)

KeithJG

Re: Staples Medway Street Chatham
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 15:02:59 »
Seems as though there were a lot of different owners to those buildings in Medway Street because in the Staples car park at the Sun Pier end this used to be Russels Garage for car repairs with a BP petrol station next door...the pumps with glass globes were right next to the footpath.

The parts department for Russels was opposite and believe it was that large garage door next to that Tudor look small cafe.

This was 1969 as I had a Mk 7 Jaguar and needed an exhaust manifold which had a flexible part to it which had rusted through and I received a fine of 20 for excess noise.....Lol

Also in 1978 I had an XJ6 and went to the main garage to ask about a timing guage for the camshafts and there was a Jaguar hanging by it`s cylinder head from a gantry to try and separate the head from the cylinder block, the waterways go around the studs and they rust in.......never seen anything like it in my life!...

Offline Ajemp

• Appreciation 15
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 17:48:57 »
As child i can recall a banana firm , cant remember the name .....in think it was fyffe  or some thing like that. it was next to  the flour company .

jwbpop

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 11:23:13 »
when i was a boy, where staplels site is now was a flour mill and we use to stand on the sun pier to see the bags of flour going down on a belt to be loaded on to barges the mill was called, hoopers mill

Offline Lutonman

• Appreciation 40
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 16:24:48 »
Hi Lutonman

Staples Site was Texas homecare and was taken over by Sainsbury's Homebase and closed down as Homebase had a store in Chatham and the same in strood on strood Retail park now Matalan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CccolnS64lM&feature=related

the link is Texas Tom Advert

PaulG

Thanks PaulG, Once I saw the name it all came back. Used the store a lot when Medway Street was an open through route.The link was great thanks.

Offline PaulG

• Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 21:22:41 »
Hi Lutonman

Staples Site was Texas homecare and was taken over by Sainsbury's Homebase and closed down as Homebase had a store in Chatham and the same in strood on strood Retail park now Matalan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CccolnS64lM&feature=related

the link is Texas Tom Advert

PaulG

Offline Lutonman

• Appreciation 40
Staples Medway Street Chatham
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 20:13:56 »
Can anyone remember the name of the DIY store which was situated where Staples is now?

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines