News: Gypsy tart originated from the Isle of Sheppey
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sheerness History Paper in Archaeologia Cantiana  (Read 3009 times)

Offline HERB COLLECTOR

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 238
Re: Sheerness History Paper in Archaeologia Cantiana
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 23:20:26 »
Since davpott's post the paper has become available online @ http://www.kentarchaeology.org.uk/Research/Pub/ArchCant/Vol.101 - 1984/101-14.pdf

Offline davpott

• Appreciation 47
Sheerness History Paper in Archaeologia Cantiana
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 22:44:23 »
I've not seen this mentioned anywhere on the forum so I will add it as I am sure it will be interesting to a number of members.

There is a paper in Archaeologia Cantiana,  the annual publication of the Kent Archaeological Society (KAS) about Sheerness dockyard. It has a typically uninteresting title which is usual for such papers, the sub title being the only hint of what it is really about.  Government and urban Development in Kent: The Case of the Royal Naval Dockyard Town of Sheerness. By Trevor M. Harris, B.A., Ph.D.  Archaeologia Cantiana - Vol. CI (101) 1984 p245

I've got the volume in both hardcopy and on DVD. If one of the moderators can get permission from the KAS I could quite easily copy and paste to this thread (31 pages) from the PDF file on the DVD.

Failing that, full sets of Arch. Cant can be found on the shelves of most Kent libraries albeit usually under lock and key.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines