News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: BP Oil Kent  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Dave Smith

• Appreciation 10
Re: BP Oil Kent
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 13:10:27 »
A bit before your time but my sister (Betty Smith) worked in accounts for the contractors when it was being built. There she met her future husband (John Welsh) who was an x-ray welder on the construction. He came from Newcastle where he had been an apprentice welder on shipbuilding. After the Isle of Grain, he travelled the country constructing the oil & gas grid systems.

KeithJG

Re: BP Oil Kent
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 18:20:48 »
Is there anyone who worked for BP Grain? I was with them from 1973 to 1982. The areas I worked on were: Fuel Oil Blending, Jetties and Furfural on the Lub Oil stream.

My Father John (aka Jack) Graham worked at the Refinery from 1952 until about 1977 when he took early retirement to make way for the younger jet set!

I believe he was at the fuel blending side on a tank farm and did work on A shift.

In the pump house all those years made him deaf and he used to go to the medical unit for ear tests and one time when they pulled his papers out of a filing cabinet there were still flood water marks on them from the great flood of 1953.

kewtie

BP Oil Kent
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 20:29:28 »
Is there anyone who worked for BP Grain? I was with them from 1973 to 1982. The areas I worked on were: Fuel Oil Blending, Jetties and Furfural on the Lub Oil stream.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines