News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Guidelines  (Read 19380 times)

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
Re: Guidelines
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2015, 20:00:20 »
To ensure KHF retains its professional and friendly standard we ask that you follow the guidelines of the forum.  These guidelines were created to protect and help all members and to also help Admin complete any moderation quickly and easily.   

The following guidelines are designed to make posting on Kent History Forum easier.  All forums can be daunting and confusing to start with and due to the size of KHF it can be rather difficult at first.  Each of our boards have been dedicated to the most discussed topics and cover a wide range of areas of interest, please take a while to familiarise yourself with the boards that are currently available before you begin to post.  Please make use of our excellent search function which will allow you to check if a particular topic is already being discussed and in doing so it will enable you to post a reply in the correct thread.  

Clean and Tidy
  • When setting the topic title or post, do not use capital letters throughout

WHY AM I FINDING FAR TOO MANY CAPITAL LETTERS ON THE FORUM?

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2014, 20:35:32 »
To ensure KHF retains its professional and friendly standard we ask that you follow the guidelines of the forum.  These guidelines were created to protect and help all members and to also help Admin complete any moderation quickly and easily.   

The following guidelines are designed to make posting on Kent History Forum easier.  All forums can be daunting and confusing to start with and due to the size of KHF it can be rather difficult at first.  Each of our boards have been dedicated to the most discussed topics and cover a wide range of areas of interest, please take a while to familiarise yourself with the boards that are currently available before you begin to post.  Please make use of our excellent search function which will allow you to check if a particular topic is already being discussed and in doing so it will enable you to post a reply in the correct thread.  

Clean and Tidy
  • We encourage a high quality use of grammar and punctuation.  Please make use of capital letters, correct grammar and punctuation in your posts, including the topic titles

Ignoring the guidelines will result in offending posts being modified or removed and repeat offenders accounts being disabled.  General ‘cleanups’ of threads are made regularly, this may result in topics being edited, removed, merged, split or moved to maintain the forums high standard – please do not take offence, it is not personal! 

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 20:00:35 »
The last post on here, just over a month ago, seems to have been ignored by some.  If I find posts by members who have been here for a long time that ignore the rules I will just delete the posts.  And if the same members do the same over and over again, I will remove their account. 

Members ignoring the guidelines have made this site very unpleasant for me, and as the owner I find that extremely saddening.  I desperately want to close the forum at the moment, make it an archive and leave for everyone to read.  This is because some members think the rules do not apply to them or that they don't want me to be the one in charge.  These members may want to consider their use on the forum as I fully intend to set it back on its original track, if this involves deleting members who are making the use of it unpleasant then that is what I will do.

We have many regular members who would miss the interaction with others and also the information provided by everyone, these people should not be punished for the minority, so the minority will go.

If you want to use this site, use it according to the guidelines.

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2014, 18:35:47 »

Important Guidelines
  • When you want to bring attention of your post to a particular member please use their complete forum name, not their real name

And again!

If members choose to ignore the rules they may find themselves unable to participate in any further discussions.

If my work load increases anymore I will have to make some changes to the general use of the forum!

I felt a reminder was becoming necessary.....

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2014, 16:23:52 »

Clean and Tidy

• We encourage a high quality use of grammar and punctuation.  Please make use of capital letters, correct grammar and punctuation in your posts, including the topic titles

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2013, 19:33:01 »
It seems some regular members are forgetting the guidelines so thought I would bring this thread to their attention again.  I guess the last reminder was back in June so it was time to raise awareness again!

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2013, 22:12:28 »

Posting on KHF
Memories of places are always welcome and by using the search function you can ensure they are posted in the correct thread or board.  Please try to post particular places in their own threads.  Threads on high streets or closed pubs become too long and confusing and it is much easier to find specific places when posts are based on the one pub/shop/street/castle etc.  Please try not to deviate from the topic in the thread title, if something comes to mind that you wish to post about and does not fit in with the current topic then start a new thread.

Clean and Tidy
  • Posts regarding a place or artefact that has already been spoken about on the forum should be added to the original thread

Ignoring the guidelines will result in offending posts being modified or removed and repeat offenders accounts being disabled.  General ‘cleanups’ of threads are made regularly, this may result in topics being edited, removed, merged, split or moved to maintain the forums high standard – please do not take offence, it is not personal!  If a reply is made to a post that has gone ‘off topic’ please consider that the reply and original post may be deleted without warning, this can be avoided by starting new threads instead of answering to ‘off topic’ posts.  This is not an exploration forum; please do not treat it as such.  KHF was set up to share information; we welcome all relevant material but ask people to remember the purpose of the forum.  The administrators of KHF reserve the right to reproduce any post on KHF for use on the forum.

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 14:51:13 »

Important Guidelines
  • Show members respect at all times, it is sometimes best to agree to disagree
  • When you want to bring attention of your post to a particular member please use their complete forum name, not their real name
  • Please concentrate on posting facts, opinions can distract from the truth

Clean and Tidy

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 18:32:03 »

Clean and Tidy

Post removed of a regular member as I refuse to edit anything by people with nearly 100 posts when a bright red warning reminds you to check your posts...

I could spend all my spare time doing this, or I could spend my spare time posting pretty plans and information from the National Archives....

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 12:42:06 »
Can members remind others about this please!

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 16:22:12 »

Important Guidelines

I felt a reminder was becoming necessary.....

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 11:32:29 »
Can members please make use of the spell checker when posting.  The Maintenance Team do not need to be spending their time editing posts unnecessarily!

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 10:00:04 »

Clean and Tidy

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 16:03:11 »
Can new members familiarise themselves with the guidelines please.

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 11:26:23 »

Clean and Tidy

• Do not 'watermark' pictures

These are some of the problems that have occured lately.  I would appreciate it if members read them and keep them in mind for when the boards re-open.  The problems we have on here are always along the same lines!

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines