News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Ramsgate Model Village postcard.  (Read 3400 times)

Offline TonyYoung

• Appreciation 11
  • Borden Lab, WARC 1971-1976
Re: Ramsgate Model Village postcard.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 13:46:40 »
I have to say that I, too, am devastated that the Ramsgate model village is no more  and was previously vandalised.

I had no idea that it was no longer there. I think it was the first model village that I ever saw - sometime in the late 1950's with a visit from the church group of Holy Trinity, Sittingbourne. I was entranced, loved the cricket match - what a bloody disgrace that it was allowed to `disappear'.
Life's different upside down

kayeking

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 16:45:11 »
Hello John and royal

Just to let you know that a new book has been published, titled "Model Towns and Villages In Britain... In Public.... In all weathers"

Copies are available at the Ramsgate Visitor Information Centre.

I spent a couple of years researching the Ramsgate model village, the book has a section devoted to the "Ramsgate Story".

Regards

Brian

Offline JohnWalker

• Appreciation 54
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 08:32:35 »
Excellent postcard royal.  I have fond memories of the model village at Ramsgate as have my children.  Stored away I have a cine film I took of the village while it was still intact.  Must transfer it to digital sometime.

Such a shame that it got vandalised despite efforts to make it secure.  I noticed a couple of years ago that some of the model buildings were rotting away in the grounds of Salmestone Grange Margate.

royal

Ramsgate Model Village postcard.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 01:47:04 »
 Ramsgate Model Village postcard.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines