News: In June 1557 Edmund Allin, his wife and five others were burnt at the stake, where Drakes pub now stands in Fairmeadow, Maidstone, for refusing to accept Catholicism.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Ramsgate Model Village postcard.  (Read 3899 times)

Offline TonyYoung

• Appreciation 11
  • Borden Lab, WARC 1971-1976
Re: Ramsgate Model Village postcard.
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 13:46:40 »
I have to say that I, too, am devastated that the Ramsgate model village is no more  and was previously vandalised.

I had no idea that it was no longer there. I think it was the first model village that I ever saw - sometime in the late 1950's with a visit from the church group of Holy Trinity, Sittingbourne. I was entranced, loved the cricket match - what a bloody disgrace that it was allowed to `disappear'.
Life's different upside down

kayeking

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2014, 16:45:11 »
Hello John and royal

Just to let you know that a new book has been published, titled "Model Towns and Villages In Britain... In Public.... In all weathers"

Copies are available at the Ramsgate Visitor Information Centre.

I spent a couple of years researching the Ramsgate model village, the book has a section devoted to the "Ramsgate Story".

Regards

Brian

Offline JohnWalker

• Appreciation 57
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 08:32:35 »
Excellent postcard royal.  I have fond memories of the model village at Ramsgate as have my children.  Stored away I have a cine film I took of the village while it was still intact.  Must transfer it to digital sometime.

Such a shame that it got vandalised despite efforts to make it secure.  I noticed a couple of years ago that some of the model buildings were rotting away in the grounds of Salmestone Grange Margate.

royal

Ramsgate Model Village postcard.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 01:47:04 »
 Ramsgate Model Village postcard.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines