News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: F.A.Clements, Chatham  (Read 3875 times)

p3ndldqny2

Re: F.A.Clements, Chatham
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 00:18:05 »
I also worked there as a letterpress machine minder between 1961 and 1967. There was a tunnel in the yard and one just up Chatham Hill on the left, used I believe to store paper. I think that the company was bought out by Gale & Polden Ltd.
Hi,

Could you elaborate on this because there is a huge thread discussing tunnels at the foot of Chatham Hill here:

http://www.kenthistoryforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=1254.90

Offline Bryn Clinch

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 72
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 16:59:35 »
neddy! I knew a few people that were at Clements during your time there, but at the moment I can only think of one name - Keith Cooper, a Comp. who lived in Gillingham.

neddy

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 16:48:17 »
I also worked there as a letterpress machine minder between 1961 and 1967. There was a tunnel in the yard and one just up Chatham Hill on the left, used I believe to store paper. I think that the company was bought out by Gale & Polden Ltd.

Offline afsrochester

• Appreciation 40
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 17:31:02 »
I worked there during the Summer of 1970. I think there must have been some redevelopment on the site between when this photograph was taken and when I worked there as it looks different to how I remember it. (might be my memory though!)

The "cave" was used to store rubbish/etc when I worked there as I had to lug down all the out of date publications stored up in the attic  and dump them in there.

Offline numanfan

• Appreciation 125
    • www.move2medway.co.uk
F.A.Clements, Chatham
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 08:43:53 »
The printers is shown on the right hand side of the photo. Early 1960's I think.

www.move2medway.co.uk - take the journey

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines