News: Gypsy tart originated from the Isle of Sheppey
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sgt. A. E. Farmer Parachute Incident At Eastchurch "March 27, 1934"  (Read 3973 times)

Offline paulmcmillan

• Appreciation 1
The pilot may be Sgt Pilot Albert Edward Farmer 363945, his Service Number is incorrectly quoted on Find My Past as "363944"

Offline paulmcmillan

• Appreciation 1
Small Update

AIR 10-1579 Report on Flying Accidents during Jan.-June 1934 Page 16 (3) "Engine failure at 800 feet resulted in smoke entering the cockpit. The pilot sustained very minor injuries in landing" Based on elimination of all other incidents I believe this to be the incident in which Sgt. A. E. Farmer baled out - Can anyone identify as Sgt Pilot. A. E. Farmer. Thanks Paul!

Offline paulmcmillan

• Appreciation 1
Thanks very very much for looking for me! It will have to wait a little longer to be solved, I expect in time it will. I got an answer out of the blue today on another small mystery so I`m sure I will find out eventually.

Paul

Offline HERB COLLECTOR

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 238
I have had a look in the Sheppey papers for late March, early April, 1934.
RAF Eastchurch sports results, well known airmen who trained or served at Eastchurch, Eastchurch airmen burgle local shop, but no mention of aeroplane crashes or parachute drops.

Offline paulmcmillan

• Appreciation 1
Sgt. A. E. Farmer Parachute Incident At Eastchurch "March 27, 1934"
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 08:53:20 »
All

New member here. I am hoping someone can identity the following incident

I am in the process of trying to identify all pre-war RAF Parachute Incidents (also all pre war Empire) and have over 300 listed with confirmed name and date and an aircraft ID. However, I have a few mysteries that I can't solve as yet.

One of my Irvin Caterpillar (those who save their lives by use of a Parachute) members is "Sgt. A. E. Farmer" with location of "Eastchurch" and a date of "March 27, 1934"

I put all the details in quotes because I know from cross checking the list I have some details which are not correct in the original documentation. Dates, locations and names can be wrong.

However, I cannot identity an incident that matches the above and I was wondering if anyone here during investigations of Kent and or RAF Eastchurch have found a possible incident that would match?.

PS. Sgt. A. E. Farmer maybe serial number #363945. But this one line entry is all I have, I suspect it was associated with the Air Armament School at RAF Eastchurch.

Here is hoping

Kind Regards

Paul McMillan

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines