News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Horsted Farm Chatham  (Read 2804 times)

Offline AlanH

• Appreciation 27
Re: Horsted Farm Chatham
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2013, 09:32:01 »
Hello Farmerson.
I can remember so many things from many years ago but could never remember anything which was of any use to me during my working years.
My father used to always stop and chat with the old chap (your grandfather?) at the farm at Cookham Wood when out on his walks which never lasted long as he was too buggered from smoking.
I remember them converting the old dairy building by the bus terminus to a service station about 1954 and the man that dug the tank holes for the pumps out of the chalk ground was a Chinaman with the broadest Irish accent. :) He used to drink in the Imperial Forces in Chatham which was full of paddies so no wonder he picked up their accent.
Sorry I can't help with your original query.
AlanH.

Offline Horstedfarmerson

• Appreciation 5
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 08:52:05 »
Alan H, you are remarkably well-informed.

Offline AlanH

• Appreciation 27
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 02:06:36 »
Is that the farm out the back of the tech college and went up to Davis Estate? Or am I mixing my forts up? Was your father the son of the farmer who ran the place at Cookham Wood which went right down to the bottom of what's now the Tideway?
They lived in the big old place by the bus turn round at Cookham Wood which ended up in the hands of a local councillor (Fry's) in what some said were dubious circumstances!
AlanH.

Offline Horstedfarmerson

• Appreciation 5
Horsted Farm Chatham
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 16:28:24 »
Greetings one and all. My father, Ronald Eldridge, was the tenant farmer of Horsted Farm, from 1948 until 1995 ish, if anyone has got any photos or information about this farm, myself and The Friends of Horsted Valley would be most grateful to hear from you. Thanks for looking, Horstedfarmerson.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines