News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Small farm between Boundary Road & Perry Street  (Read 1772 times)

Offline pr1uk

• Appreciation 8
Small farm between Boundary Road & Perry Street
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 07:24:43 »
I was born in Priest Dale, Chatham (back of Boundary Road) in one of the only two houses left after the 1941 bombing but always remember, apart from the bomb sites, there was a small farm between us and Perry Street. When I say farm it was mostly a field but there was a few sheds and I remember there being pigs and other animals kept there. Whoever owned the plot, once the animals went, always kept a horse on a long chain who wandered around keeping the grass down. On more then one occasion the horse would wander over and put his head through our window, we had no fence and the garden was the bomb site. One year the whole field was given over to Tulips and I remember the view from Perry Street above was a field of pure yellow, it looked lovely. Can anyone remember this small holding (farm), who owned it and when it was used to keep a few chickens and pigs etc and the horses who used to be left to wander and tend the field? I did find an old snap of me taken with one of the horses with Perry Street in the background, not a great photo.

To be contented in life you must learn the difference between what you want and what you need
-Peter

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines