News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cozenton Park, Rainham  (Read 3413 times)

Offline skipraider

• Appreciation 6
Re: Cozenton Park, Rainham
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 22:11:46 »
Cozenton Park must have come into existence sometime in the early 1970s, I think.
As from 1967-1970 I went to the Gillingham Technical school in Pump Lane & in the winter we used to, occasionally, do a long cross country run which took in part of this area which was then cherry orchards.

I think you're right, misseda paeg. I started at Gillingham Tech in September 1976 and Cozenton Park was most definitely there, and I would say established, by then. We used to pop over there for illicit ciggies and the like ;-)

Offline Bryn Clinch

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 72
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 17:44:19 »
Try Britain from Above. Nothing comes up for Rainham but you may be able to find some areas of Rainham if you put in Gillingham. There`s a very good shot of the Jezreels on one of them.

ben-rainham

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 15:26:05 »
In an 1945 to 1950 Aerial Shot the park is a large flat green open space between a wooded area and orchard. The wooded area I believe was known as the paddock, a private residence, which has now been turned into a new road with housing now overlooking the park. In the picture the path and obviously play area are absent. I'm trying to find the website I saw the aerial picture originally.

Offline misseda paeg

• Appreciation 3
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 13:44:21 »
Cozenton Park must have come into existence sometime in the early 1970s, I think.
As from 1967-1970 I went to the Gillingham Technical school in Pump Lane & in the winter we used to, occasionally, do a long cross country run which took in part of this area which was then cherry orchards.

C Jessel

Cozenton Park, Rainham
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 12:16:21 »
I am trying to research the history of Cozenton Park, Rainham but there is very little information available. I'd be most grateful if anyone could share any knowledge or direct me to any information sources.

Many thanks Caroline

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines