News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pee Cee's World  (Read 83688 times)

Offline mikeb

• Appreciation 27
Re: Pee Cee's World
« Reply #261 on: March 14, 2016, 11:50:53 »
S4 has said it all, far better than I can. PC will be missed, if you can log in PC, thanks.

Offline filmer01

• Appreciation 9
« Reply #260 on: March 14, 2016, 09:37:05 »
I never met him but his posts were always interesting - they will be missed.

Somehow I suspect that by now he has proved, from first principles, and with diagrams, that Angels just should not fly. Concluding that someone is mucking about with the laws of physics....
Illegitimus nil carborundum

Offline numanfan

• Appreciation 125
    • www.move2medway.co.uk
« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2016, 22:52:41 »
I met Peter a couple of times & quite often exchanged private messages - and he was always a gentleman.

Very sad news, the KHF will feel a little 'emptier' now.
www.move2medway.co.uk - take the journey

Offline Stewie

• Appreciation 16
« Reply #258 on: March 13, 2016, 21:47:51 »
This is very sad new indeed, I only met him once during a KHF day out to Capstone Park but I found his powers of reasoning on the forum to be some of the sharpest I have encountered, and his participation in the 'Slip Coach' thread was very thorough  indeed. I even exchanged 'offline' private messages with him on this and some other subjects.
 I live not far from Peter and passed his house each day on my commute, I am deeply saddened by the loss of this knowledgeable gentlemen.
Perhaps the KHF can think of a way of honouring his contributions and passing with an annual award for the most interesting thread!
My condolences go to his family.

Stewie

Offline Bilgerat

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 238
« Reply #257 on: March 13, 2016, 21:46:25 »
I'd just like to echo S4's words. I met PC at the same picnic and although I was a relative newcomer to the forum, he was polite and kind. Please pass along my condolences to his family. He will be much missed.
"I did not say that the French will not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Lord St Vincent

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #256 on: March 13, 2016, 21:33:01 »
I have received a message from Peter's grandson which I am posting below:

Hi Kyn

Thank you for your kind words. We have been reading the comments posted this evening and didn't realise so many people thought so highly of him.  Many of the comments sum him up to a tee, especially those about his attention to detail and everything has to have a reason why. We have been reading through some of his many posts and have learnt many new things about a man who we though we knew so well.

He was never one for a fuss and flowers was just not him. This may have something to do with the many years of assisting my Nan most Saturday mornings with the flowers at the church he never went to on a Sunday. With this in mind he would have preferred people to spend wisely and in this case to help others.
 If you would like to make a donation to the suggested charities he would be pleased that others my also benefit from the help that he and Sheila received.

If you feel my words appropriate to post I have no objections as i would like to thank all those that helped to keep him sane during some difficult times and have benefited and enjoyed from his tails.

Kind regards
 Andy.

Offline Lutonman

• Appreciation 42
« Reply #255 on: March 13, 2016, 20:49:26 »
Very sad news indeed, I am just grateful to have known him through the KHF, we will all miss his input and his attention to detail has to be admired. Hopefully the KHF maintain his sayings as his memorial.

Offline GP

• Appreciation 11
« Reply #254 on: March 13, 2016, 20:15:43 »
Sad news, always looked at his posts with interest!

Offline Sentinel S4

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 165
« Reply #253 on: March 13, 2016, 20:01:04 »
Personally I am very upset to lose one magnificent sparing partner. Many of you have seen us clash several times, Slip Coaches and the accident on Maidstone Road. He could be infuriating with his demands for accuracy and would never accept 'Because that is the way we/it is/was done'. He wanted, nay NEEDED to know the intricacies, the minute details. He would then go quiet for a few days and come back with demands for more information as to why it was done that way and not another. I had the pleasure of meeting him and his wife at the picnic and met a charming Gentleman with a cutting wit. There were times when I just wanted to take him and put him in a certain situation and tell him to sort it out, the slip coach problem for one, or put him in the driving seat of a 45 tonne artic at the top of Maidstone Road (Chatham) and put her in Neutral and tell him to stop at the bridge. However at the back of my mind was always the thought that this was all he had, during the year I was out I truly understand just why he relied on us so much. Has anyone watched daytime TV recently? It is dire.

I will miss him, I feel I have lost a decent and honourable Friend. If you could express my condolences to the family I would be very grateful Kyn. Good-bye old Friend, I'm gonna miss you a lot.....

The Sentinel S4.
A day without learning something is a day lost and my brain is hungry. Feed me please.

Offline prefabkid

• Appreciation 1
« Reply #252 on: March 13, 2016, 19:50:57 »
Rest peacefully Pee Cee.

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #251 on: March 13, 2016, 18:28:04 »
It is a very sad day for the forum and its members.  Peter was one of our most prolific members; his loss will be very greatly felt.

Peter has been a member on KHF for nearly 6 and a half years, long enough to become one of the core members (part of the furniture) of our community and his posts have always been fascinating, he has had such a varied life and was more than happy to share his experiences with us.  He also provided entertainment for some of us, watching the very detailed and continuous discussions with the likes of Otis and some others.  He and I had many similar discussions via messages when guidelines were changed, he fought hard to ensure the forum and its guidelines were fair to all members and stopped me making many rash decisions.  A few years ago I had decided it was time to put KHF to bed, he fought hard to stop me – partly as he had no other way to talk to others as he was more or less housebound, but also because he felt it would be such a loss to you all.  I am glad he stopped me from doing that and KHF is still growing and our community is still as strong as ever.

In 2013 I arranged a small get together at Capstone Park; I was very excited when Peter said he may be able to join us with his family.  I love meeting members and this was the only time that there was an opportunity to meet a man who supported me through some of the tough periods on here, someone who gave us so much information and knowledge, someone who kept the forum going.  It was a real pleasure to meet him and to give other members the chance to meet him and each other.

I have asked his family if we may arrange a collection to show our respect and appreciation, the money to go to either supporting his wife Sheila or to be split between AgeUK and Crossroads Care – the two charities that have provided so much support to Peter and his wife.  If agreeable I shall provide a link for everyone to donate.

Offline Signals99

• Appreciation 37
« Reply #250 on: March 13, 2016, 17:06:58 »
A sad ,sad loss ,I never met the gentalmen but felt a sense of loss at the sad news,I followed his submissions to this forum often ,and enjoyed them.fair well Peter.

Offline Lyn L

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 84
« Reply #249 on: March 13, 2016, 16:45:22 »
Please pass on my condolences to Sheila and Peters family. Very sad news indeed, he was a lovely man and the forum has lost a great friend .
Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life tryi

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #248 on: March 13, 2016, 16:15:04 »
I am so sorry to have to share this news with you all, I have been asked to post the following message:

Pee Cee’s World – The Closing Chapter.

Peter Challis sadly left us Saturday afternoon, 12th March 2016.  I know how much this forum meant to him, and for several years, was one his few contacts with the outside world, so I wanted to share my final thoughts with you all.  He passed very peacefully surrounded by all his family, safe in the knowledge that Shelia would be safe and well looked after.  We will never know if he was in any pain towards the end, but what we do know is that his love and determination to provide and care for his wife until he was no longer able to, was greater than any drugs that he could have been given. 

He was a fountain of knowledge, and loved to share his stories, facts and figures with people, how useful some of this was to every day life, is debatable, but never the less fascinating. 
I can’t think of any words to accurately describe how much he will be missed, so I will just quote my Nan.  “He was a good ol’stick”. 

Andy, Grandson of Peter

Offline ashwood

• Appreciation 6
« Reply #247 on: March 13, 2016, 15:32:53 »
 Hope you are soon back in action,Your comments are surely one of the building blocks of the forum.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines