News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Frinsbury Cement Works  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Dave W

• Appreciation 1
Re: Frinsbury Cement Works
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 22:22:51 »
I found these pictures in Crown and Quarry Works.
Great pictures, I visited here with my late father in 1962. We had been tracing the route of the Chattenden & Upnor railway and had walked from Upnor trying to find where the narrow gauge military line might have connected to the Medway in the Frindsbury area and stumbled across the Crown and Quarry works line unaware at the time that there had originally been a 3'  6" gauge railway system here in the built in the 1880s, by 1905 a standard gauge line had been built serving the works and quarry area, Frindsbury works closed in 1963 and the remaining locomotives were disposed of but I have some great memories of our unofficial visit to this system. Here are two pictures from our visit in 1962

Offline bromptonboy

• Appreciation 34
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 16:07:46 »
Great pictures! The first one looks to include Chatham Dockyard in the background thus giving a good indication of where the engine is.

KeithJG

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 14:36:56 »
I found these pictures in Crown and Quarry Works.

Offline Dave W

• Appreciation 1
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 21:50:44 »
Came across this interesting site.  Not sure where to post as suspect will be of great interest to all you railway enthuiasts out there. (Please repost if in wrong place)

irsociety.co.uk/Archives/16/Frindsbury.htm The works closed in 1963...

Offline Dave W

• Appreciation 1
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 21:49:09 »
Came across this interesting site.  Not sure where to post as suspect will be of great interest to all you railway enthuiasts out there. (Please repost if in wrong place)

irsociety.co.uk/Archives/16/Frindsbury.htm
Photograph taken by my late father in 1962 at the Crown and Quarry Works, Frindsbury...

Offline ann

• Appreciation 50
Frinsbury Cement Works
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 12:44:13 »

irsociety.co.uk/Archives/16/Frindsbury.htm

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines