News: In June 1557 Edmund Allin, his wife and five others were burnt at the stake, where Drakes pub now stands in Fairmeadow, Maidstone, for refusing to accept Catholicism.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Frye and Page Maidstone  (Read 3110 times)

Offline sheppey_bottles

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 46
Re: Frye and Page Maidstone
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 14:26:28 »
Brilliant, thank you so much numanfan, I really did not expect to see a picture of the store.  The two names Frye/Fry and Page rings a bell with me, when I get my local Kent bottles book back from my friend, I will check it for the company. Once again thank you, SB.

Offline Lyn L

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 77
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 11:47:08 »
That was quick numanfan  :) Well done
Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life tryi

Offline numanfan

• Appreciation 122
    • www.move2medway.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 11:32:20 »
I don't know the history of the shop, but this postcard from 1912 shows it in the High St, Maidstone, next to the Star Hotel.

www.move2medway.co.uk - take the journey

Offline sheppey_bottles

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 46
Frye and Page Maidstone
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 09:17:24 »
Although I collect old bottles etc from Sheppey I also sometimes find items from outside the area. I have come across an old etched glass Soda Siphon from the company Frye and Page Stores of Maidstone. This Siphon was used by Silver Spring of Folkestone at some later date as it has a paper label for them on the shoulder. Strangely enough, the plastic top is inscribed Hayward's, Maidstone. I know of both Hayward's and Silver Spring but know nothing of Frye and Page Stores... can anyone help please. Thank you, SB.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines