News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Richman Brothers  (Read 2850 times)

Offline smiler

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 68
  • Far better to be screwed up than screwed down
Re: Richman Brothers
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 13:56:39 »
They moved me out to Spain in 89. Lost 2 boxes, they said they were with another customer in Portugal and would return them. We gave up in the end, ever since anything that we can’t find must have been in the “lost boxes“.

Online Mike S

• Appreciation 11
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 08:09:16 »
I am sure that it was the amalgamation of two companies. I remember a removal company Ring of Rochester in the late 1950's. My parents used Richmans when we moved from Rainham Mark to Essex.

Offline conan

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 74
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 23:44:32 »
I think the two firms joined forces, but I'm not sure. Just seem to remember the combined names Richman Ring Removals .

still going under that name although now under a different ownership

http://www.richmanring.co.uk/

To remain ignorant of what happened before you were born is to remain a child......Cicero

Offline Lyn L

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 84
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 20:45:16 »
I think the two firms joined forces, but I'm not sure. Just seem to remember the combined names Richman Ring Removals .
Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life tryi

Offline smiler

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 68
  • Far better to be screwed up than screwed down
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 19:58:27 »
Were they bought out or changed name to Rings of Rochester does anyone know? Or maybe this was a completely different company.

KeithJG

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 16:18:18 »
Living at 19, Duncan Road, Gillingham in the early `50`s they had an office just a few doors down and in the front window was a large wooden green model lorry with Richmans Removals written on it.

I use to spend ages as a kid looking at it wishing i could play with it.

merc

Richman Brothers
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 23:09:33 »
The Richman Brothers' removal firm was founded in Gillingham by twins Henry and William in 1880. They started off using a handcart as general carriers, but quickly moved on to horse-drawn carts and then wagons. From depots in Gillingham Road and Beresford Road they gradually expanded and included warehousing. By the mid-1980's they owned fourteen removal vans and six trailers. They later moved to Sittingbourne but retained offices in Gillingham.

c. 1910 picture:

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines