News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Minster-on- Sea Council Offices  (Read 1779 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline CDP

  • Established Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 828
  • Appreciation 86
    • SHEERNESS/SHEPPEY/PENNEY
Minster-on- Sea Council Offices
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 11:42:02 »
Copied from Minster-on-Sea Parish Council minutes 15th May 2014.

The new Minster Parish office was opened on 14th February 2014 by the Mayor of Swale Cllr. Sue Gent . The new building is sited on a part of the land given to this Parish by Mr. Mugg about 1636, which was used to assist the poor of the Parish.
The first Parish Poor House (Cliff House) was built in 1769 followed in 1784 by the First Parish Workhouse. In 1815 it was again extended and became the Union Workhouse for all the Island Parishes and run by The Board of Guardians. The local Board of Health was formed in1845 and again extended the Workhouse together with building a meeting room on this site for the Guardians.
When the Parish Council was first formed on 4th December 1894, many of the new Parish Councillors were also Guardians so they decided to hold their meetings in the Guardians Meeting Room together with the new Rural District Council.
The solution to every problem is a.) time , or  b.) another problem.

 

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines