News: The modern name of Kent is derived from the Brythonic word kantos meaning "rim" or "border", or possibly from a homonymous word kanto "horn, hook"
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: North and South Towers  (Read 1830 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kyn

  • Administrator
  • Established Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7431
  • Appreciation 409
    • Sheppey History
North and South Towers
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 12:57:16 »
These defensive towers were constructed in 1719 as part of the boundary wall protecting the dockyard along with the Main Gate.  The boundary had been extended in 1716 after the purchase of further land. 


 

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines