News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Softly Softly Task Force  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Spekes Bottom

• Appreciation 11
Re: Softly Softly Task Force
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 01:44:48 »
There was a clip on YouTube which featured scenes filmed on Hempstead Road and Hoath Way in Gillingham and Bryant Street in Chatham but it has gone from the site!

kentie

Re: Softly Softly Task Force
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 10:27:45 »
Sorry, only one picture - lets see if this will work.

kentie

Softly Softly Task Force
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 10:26:14 »
On 23rd September 1969 (with grateful thanks to my father for his careful and long time spent keeping his diary) my mum picked me up after school and took me to Rochester Castle where the BBC were filming the opening titles for the new police series Softly Softly Task Force. The first photo is when they were filming with Stratford Johns as DCI Barlow looking out over the river and Frank Windsor as DI Watt standing by the cannon at the top of the steps. Both scenes appear in the tiles, although the actual sequences vary from episode to episode. The second is of both of them signing autographs. I remember Stratford Johns being very nice and jovial but Frank Windsor not being that happy at having to meet the fans.

I know much of the series was filmed in the Medway Towns, but having got a copy of the DVD and being 5 episodes in, I haven't recognised anywhere yet, and, going by the buses, one episode at least was filmed in Essex. It was a totally different world then - attitudes really have changed, and watching it again is a good lesson to show that we shouldn't judge what people did in the past but today's standards.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines