News: In June 1557 Edmund Allin, his wife and five others were burnt at the stake, where Drakes pub now stands in Fairmeadow, Maidstone, for refusing to accept Catholicism.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Fort Luton Work Day 18.10.14  (Read 2158 times)

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 422
    • Sheppey History
Re: Fort Luton Work Day 18.10.14
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 20:04:34 »
Volunteers at work and a nice clean lighting passage :)

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 422
    • Sheppey History
Re: Fort Luton Work Day 18.10.14
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 20:03:25 »
All the plasterboard in the casemate has been removed.

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 422
    • Sheppey History
Fort Luton Work Day 18.10.14
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 20:01:56 »
Fort Luton held a work day today and we carried on clearing the plasterboard and the tunnel flooring.  Due to being really busy I did forget to add the event on here.  But for those interested we now hold work days at Fort Luton every Saturday.  The reason for this change is because we are setting up a charity to begin a community based creative and cultural centre at the fort.  Included in our plans will be outside events, such as fares, and also history tours and other events.  As you can imagine we would really be grateful if interested people would be able to spend a little time with us on the whole project but also with little ones that develop, such as the time tunnel.

I am the volunteer co-ordinator so you can contact me or you can contact the Fort Luton Facebook page.

So today we had a couple of new volunteers and a few regulars.  Everyone worked really hard as usual and we made a little more progress on the current projects.  Other work was going on too including installing lighting to make access into the fort safer and removing concrete that has been poured into the drainage gully along the roof of the casemates.  The lighting passage for the main magazine was also cleared today.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines