News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: West Minster,Isle of Sheppey.  (Read 2390 times)

Offline busyglen

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 69
    • Westminster Village
Re: West Minster,Isle of Sheppey.
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 17:24:17 »
Thank you grandarog for your kind words.  I was not criticizing the fact that you posted the map on the Forum, as it is also available to view on the link to my site on the KHF members page against my name as well. So I do not feel affronted. :)

I was more upset a while back when a copy of the map turned up in another well known Island history emporium's files without them asking.  I would have been pleased for them to have a copy, especially if they were to give credit to my Brother in Law who set it down for me before he died.  Having spent a couple of years learning how to do the coding, searching for records etc. and asking people for memories, I felt very satisfied when I had finally managed to get it onto the www.  Of course, it is hosted by Ancestry, but I was happy for them to sponsor it.  I'm just so mad at myself at the moment that I don't have the files to enable me to carry on.  I hope to copy back the files bit by bit from Ancestry (long job) and update the site eventually.

I also have another website `Coastguards on Sheppey' which also is in the sad state of not being workable at the moment, which was the first site I attempted when I retired.  Hopefully I will be able to restore that sometime in the future, but it is available to view under the above title if you do a search.
A smile is a curve that straightens things out.

Offline grandarog

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 98
  • RAF Halton 1957-1960
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 20:16:48 »
Busyglen,
               I am so pleased you have posted. I was so impressed with your Site I copied the map to generate interest on here.
               I credited the map to your site and had no intention of infringing any copyright.
              If it wasn't for people like yourself and your late Brother in Law taking the trouble to document such details there would be no history to study in future.
                                                 Thank you.

Offline busyglen

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 69
    • Westminster Village
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 14:42:03 »
If anyone wants  further information about this website, please contact me here as I am the owner.  :)  Unfortunately I can't reply via the website as Iost the links when I had a new PC.  It is hosted by Ancestry, and I am hoping to copy back all the files in due course to regain the link again.

Although not copywrited, the drawing was the work of my brother-in-law who lived in Westminster, and he did it from memory as he lived there most of his life. 
A smile is a curve that straightens things out.

Offline grandarog

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 98
  • RAF Halton 1957-1960
West Minster,Isle of Sheppey.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 20:13:09 »
I found this interesting site by accident. Very interesting, lots of detail. I have copied the map below and also Aerial views from GE 1940. The present day image doesn't show how much escaped the demolition of the whole area.
http://freepages.history.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~puxty/index.htm

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines