News: The modern name of Kent is derived from the Brythonic word kantos meaning "rim" or "border", or possibly from a homonymous word kanto "horn, hook"
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: WWII Bombs  (Read 7629 times)

Offline Signals99

• Appreciation 37
Re: WWII Bombs
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2015, 01:14:30 »
Rochester bred, I served In a bomb disposal unit, Royal Engineers. As I recall, some of the German bombs had names, the ones I can remember::- Herman, Satan and Fritz, can't remember the size of each individual bomb, but for years a Herman stood at the steps leading up to the TA center on St Margarets Street, Rochester..Also laid out in the grounds of the centre was a "Bomb Alley" containing every type of Luftwaffe ordnance, mind you I am going back thirty-five to forty years, so it may all be long gone by now.
Hope this helps.

Offline HERB COLLECTOR

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 218
Re: WWII Bombs
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 23:37:03 »
Padstow May Song Lisa Knapp

Offline HERB COLLECTOR

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 218
Padstow May Song Lisa Knapp

Offline Rochester-bred

• Appreciation 42
WWII Bombs
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2015, 19:43:03 »
I wonder if anyone could help me in naming the kinds of bombs they dropped in World War II? I know a little of the incendiary bomb's and V-1 flying bomb, or doodlebugs as my mum called them, but what other kind of things where dropped on Kent? I did try to do a search to find out but not knowing any names did not come up with any and my children have been asking me as they still state their mum has been here since the war and should know despite the fact I was born around 13 years later (got to love them). Thank you for anything I can tell them.
***I am still the child within***

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines