News: The modern name of Kent is derived from the Brythonic word kantos meaning "rim" or "border", or possibly from a homonymous word kanto "horn, hook"
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wesleyan Chapel, Snargate Street, Dover  (Read 2359 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

merc

  • Guest
Wesleyan Chapel, Snargate Street, Dover
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 11:59:40 »
A photo from 1930, taken during demolition work at Commercial Quay, shows the Wesleyan Chapel next to the Grand Shaft Snargate entrance. The foundation stone of the chapel was laid on the 3rd June, 1834, and was opened on the 3rd October the same year. This was the 3rd Wesleyan chapel in Dover. The chapel was demolished in the 1960's.

 

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines