News: In June 1557 Edmund Allin, his wife and five others were burnt at the stake, where Drakes pub now stands in Fairmeadow, Maidstone, for refusing to accept Catholicism.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Royal Sea Bathing Hospital Chapel, Margate  (Read 4277 times)

Offline Bryn Clinch

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 71
Re: Royal Sea Bathing Hospital Chapel, Margate
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 17:28:24 »
The chapel is now unrecognisable but hopefully may be restored.
Apologies if I have previously posted, but a recent serious illness has had a bad effect on my memory.

Offline Bryn Clinch

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 71
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 17:18:02 »
Thanks for that, brett! I`ve emailed the architects of the site but they have yet to reply. There is/was an historic pipe organ there that was built by `Father` Henry Willis, who built the two largest organs in the UK, Royal Albert Hall and Liverpool Anglican Cathedral. The organ must be in a poor state by now but it may be possible to save it before someone wrecks it completely.

As you can see in the photos which were taken a few years ago, it has been badly neglected.

brett

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 15:12:34 »
Last time I spoke to the project managers down there, they were going to give it away to a local charity group to use. It wasn't viable to develop the building, only to maintain it.

This was over a year ago, and we were all out drinking so the finer details are very fuzzy.

Offline Bryn Clinch

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 71
Royal Sea Bathing Hospital Chapel, Margate
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 16:08:14 »
Can any member tell me who now owns this redundant chapel?. The hospital has been redeveloped into apartments but the chapel is a separate building.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines