News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Leisure ,, We had fun  (Read 5939 times)

Offline Bilgerat

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 231
Re: Leisure ,, We had fun
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 20:34:30 »
Before my time, I remember we had fun in the mid 70's too, doing all of that, plus getting into Fort Amherst (long before it opened to the public), scaling the walls and exploring the tunnels by torchlight. When dad was refereeing a football match on St Mary's Island and being under strict instructions not to stray off the playing fields, wandering around the Dockyard trying to get on the mothballed ships and dodging the 'mod plods'. Swimming in the river at Gillingham Pier. Things that if I had caught my kids doing them, I'd have had kittens.
"I did not say that the French will not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Lord St Vincent

Offline Signals99

• Appreciation 33
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 19:26:03 »
How about conkers,marbles ,swapping "fag"cards.

Offline smiler

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 68
  • Far better to be screwed up than screwed down
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 18:32:40 »
Bird nesting. Dutch arrows. Knock up Ginger and jack jack show your light.

Offline Ajemp

• Appreciation 15
Leisure ,, We had fun
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 11:11:30 »
Back  in the forties/ Fifties we had fun,  maybe a lot different than  today,  we made camps in the woods, made bows  and arrows, went to the tip to find old pram wheels, made billy carts  or barrows, we made catapults, the occasional scrumping, we had sledges in the summer as well as winter, we made our own mobile phones.........two tin cans and some  string (never worked around corners ) I remember crystal sets  we bought from Doug Bozens opposite Mark Packers , bottom of Chatham hill. ...............what memories do you have of this era ?

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines