News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bluebell Hill Warren Road horse stables  (Read 1034 times)

Offline gorg

• Appreciation 0
Bluebell Hill Warren Road horse stables
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 20:24:18 »
I used to go horse riding in the 1980's maybe early 90's at Bluebell Hill riding stables.  The stables were located at the bottom of the slip road on Bluebell Hill, where the famous ghost of Bluebell Hill hitchhiker is spoken of).  Wondering if anyone knows of it, or used to go there.  It is now a residential property (127 Warren Road) still has stables and fields but certainly not for the public.  I sometimes think that it was a figment of my imagination as I cannot find any history of it on the internet or in the normal history sites.  I remember going hacking past the garage and past the lower and Upper Bell pubs, where my dad used to enjoy a pint whilst I was out.  Instructors that I can remember at the time were Tracy and Sue.  I remember a shire called Boxer, a black horse called Fry (friday).  A bay called Olive, grey called Polo and a Shetland pony called Quilt.  The most memorable horse was a chestnut called Storm.  I remember the day my mum broke the news to me that Storm had been involved in a car accident around the roads of Bluebell Hill and had to be put to rest.  There was a large sand school which you had to get to by going up a steep slope, which was tricky to ride up and down in the winter months.  The school closed down, cannot remember why, all I can remember was it being the saddest day of my young life.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines