Kent History Forum

News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Forum Upgrades  (Read 292 times)

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 418
    • Sheppey History
Re: Forum Upgrades
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 22:40:30 »
Sorry the forum was shut for such a long time, it has grown pretty large with all the attachments now stored on here!  I have upgraded the forum and taken a back up.  We are hoping to back up and move the forum on Sunday so please expect it to be closed for most of the day.  If anything changes I will let you know!

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 418
    • Sheppey History
Re: Forum Upgrades
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 11:45:27 »
Just to let you know the forum will close today to allow backups and updates to be done. It will be down for a few hours. We are also moving it to another host so hopefully the functionality of the forum will improve.

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 418
    • Sheppey History
Forum Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 17:37:37 »
Hi,

Just a word of warning that I will need to backup and update the forum soon.  As you know this usually means a few hours offline.  It may take longer this time as we are actually moving the forum to a new host, this may improve the connectivity of the forum but also some other issues we have learnt to live with.  We won't know until it is uploaded, but I have a test forum to play with to iron out any issues.

I don't have a date for this yet but we hope to look into this next week and possibly complete all work within the next few weeks.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines