Kent History Forum

News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Forum Upgrades  (Read 1158 times)

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 418
    • Sheppey History
Re: Forum Upgrades
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 15:47:36 »
So the forum has been moved to a new host now.  We are hopeful that we shouldn't find any issues with the functionality of the forum.  If you have any comments, good or bad, please let me know or start a new thread in KHF Technical Queries & Tests.

I think we have a bit of an issue with emails so new members may not receive their email telling them that their account is active, and you may not receive any notifications that you have set up.  This is being looked into!

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 418
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 22:40:30 »
Sorry the forum was shut for such a long time, it has grown pretty large with all the attachments now stored on here!  I have upgraded the forum and taken a back up.  We are hoping to back up and move the forum on Sunday so please expect it to be closed for most of the day.  If anything changes I will let you know!

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 418
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 11:45:27 »
Just to let you know the forum will close today to allow backups and updates to be done. It will be down for a few hours. We are also moving it to another host so hopefully the functionality of the forum will improve.

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 418
    • Sheppey History
Forum Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 17:37:37 »
Hi,

Just a word of warning that I will need to backup and update the forum soon.  As you know this usually means a few hours offline.  It may take longer this time as we are actually moving the forum to a new host, this may improve the connectivity of the forum but also some other issues we have learnt to live with.  We won't know until it is uploaded, but I have a test forum to play with to iron out any issues.

I don't have a date for this yet but we hope to look into this next week and possibly complete all work within the next few weeks.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines