News: In 1834 a 13 metre long Iguanadon fossil was found in Queen’s Road in Maidstone
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A walk along Oare Creek when the tide was out.  (Read 4062 times)

Offline conan

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 74
Re: A walk along Oare Creek when the tide was out.
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 00:11:46 »
I remember the potholed track well,the landlord reckoned it took the polce so long to drive along it that every one had drunk up long before they arrived :)
To remain ignorant of what happened before you were born is to remain a child......Cicero

KeithJG

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 16:00:13 »
Yes, Ted Ingham very nice video and camera choice :)

conan, you must have used that pub about the same time as myself, around 1973, for a couple of years most Saturday evenings.

The landlord never called time just a small ring on the bell and then he turned on the generator, lights down to dim and locked the door......whoever was spending could stay as long as you spent :)

The dirt track and bad potholes in the road across the fields is better now though....spoils the sense of adventure like everything modern.

Offline conan

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 74
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 23:55:52 »
Very nice Ted, I haven't been to the Shipwrights Arms for about 40 years, nice to know it' stll going :)
To remain ignorant of what happened before you were born is to remain a child......Cicero

Offline Ted Ingham

• Appreciation 35
A walk along Oare Creek when the tide was out.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 22:03:58 »
A walk along the Saxon Shore Way at Oare Creek when the tide was out.
Trying out the tripod and Panasonic FZ 1000. Peace and tranquility until the Marsh frogs started their calls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT0aeqYnf-I

All the best,
Ted.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines