News: In 1834 a 13 metre long Iguanadon fossil was found in Queen’s Road in Maidstone
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cobham archaeology  (Read 2899 times)

Offline gillian

• Appreciation 0
Re: Cobham archaeology
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2016, 12:16:40 »
Thank you very much Conan for that link. Now I've found a person I can contact. Also thank you davpott (Dave??) for the reminder about  KAS. I couldn't find anything about the project there - perhaps you can when you get home from the pub?
Gillian

Offline conan

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 74
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 23:35:43 »
This link might help you Gillian

http://shornewoodsarchaeology.co.uk/
To remain ignorant of what happened before you were born is to remain a child......Cicero

Offline davpott

• Appreciation 47
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2016, 19:42:31 »
I think I read something about this in the last KAS newsletter. I think the newsletters are on line now.

Sorry I'm just about to go down to a packed pub so I don't have time to look it up now. 

Offline gillian

• Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2016, 19:34:27 »
Does anybody know who I can contact to find out more about the Cobham archaeology project? I wrote to the man who wrote the article in the paper but he hasn't replied. I don't suppose he knows since he's a reporter not an archaeologist, but still he could have acknowledged my letter! Ah well. I'm deeply interested in Cobham because my ancestors were the lay rectors and lived at the Parsonage, which was demolished in the 1950s or 1960s. I would so like to know if any remains could be found, also of other buildings now demolished, e.g. The Great House, which was next door to the Ship Inn (both owned by my ancestors), and the vicarage, which once stood on the site of the present day school.
Gillian

Offline conan

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 74
Cobham archaeology
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 00:14:33 »
This sounds like a worthwhile project to get involved with if you live nearby

http://www.kentnews.co.uk/news/archaeology_project_launched_to_unearth_history_of_cobham_1_4528266
To remain ignorant of what happened before you were born is to remain a child......Cicero

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines