News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Where Again?  (Read 7034 times)

Offline DGM

• Appreciation 2
Re: Where Again?
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 20:59:55 »
The bridge spans in the original photo appear to be much longer than the one which still crosses Gas House Road, also upon closer inspection the white building does not appear to be the same in both photos as the roof is different.

Offline mikeb

• Appreciation 27
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 10:03:03 »
Thank you conan & Lyn L, Problem solved once again. I was puzzled for a while because the bus was pictured under a bridge which is no longer there! There were originally two girder bridges here. It beggars another question, why were they checking a bridge height (this from the photo caption which did not mention location) under a bridge which buses didn't normally run under? Thanks again.

Offline conan

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 74
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 13:45:23 »
I reckon you are right Lyn L.Here's a screen grab looking under the bridge towards Corporation street, as mikeb says the white house matches

To remain ignorant of what happened before you were born is to remain a child......Cicero

Offline Lyn L

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 84
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 12:20:13 »
It does look like Gas House road. The small white building looks the same on GE, just one railway bridge not there now .
Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have rushed through life tryi

Offline mikeb

• Appreciation 27
Where Again?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 11:34:11 »
Following KHF success with "Old Bean Bus", can anyone help with the location of this photo please. It is thought likely to be in Gravesend or Medway given the history of the bus. Is it the  junction of Gas House Road / Corporation Street / Common Road?
 I can hear the head scratching already!

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines