News: In June 1557 Edmund Allin, his wife and five others were burnt at the stake, where Drakes pub now stands in Fairmeadow, Maidstone, for refusing to accept Catholicism.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Interview transcript.  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Bilgerat

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 254
Re: Interview transcript.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 11:44:45 »
The only houses I'm aware of in Prince Arthur Road were a couple of what appeared to be 50's-built houses on the corner of Khyber Road and Prince Arthur Road. They were used as Army housing and at one point, housed a small Royal Military Police station. They were demolished to make room for the new college buildings.
"I did not say that the French will not come, I said they will not come by sea" - Lord St Vincent

Offline StuarttheGrant

• Appreciation 9
  • Poynter House a long way from Dover.
Re: Interview transcript.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 22:40:36 »
Thanks for posting the link to the BBC Peoples War. I had forgotten what a priceless web site it is.
Alas I can shed no light on "16 Prince Arthur Road", but I can thank you for the web address.
  Stuart.
Stuart...

Offline grandarog

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 103
  • RAF Halton 1957-1960
Interview transcript.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 19:48:50 »
Found this snippet from an interview while browsing The BBC peoples War site.
Sounds as if there was a house with tunnels under. Google maps puts in the area of the Museum and Bowls Cub. Any one know any more ?

Quote transcript.
"I worked in the tunnel three nights a week taking all the messages, because it was coastal command. I was taking the messages of aircraft brought down. Next to my office was the Ops. Room and I absolutely dreaded going in there because so many of the pilots had lost arms, legs or an eye and see these poor souls. That was in Gillingham in 16 Prince Arthur Road.

NC: I had no idea that that was there.

MW?: They donít advertise the fact that its there, number 16. We have tried to get access to the tunnel, up at the Royal Aeronautical Society in Medway, and have been refused access.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines