News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wingham Engineering  (Read 2261 times)

Offline grandarog

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 98
  • RAF Halton 1957-1960
Re: Wingham Engineering
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 21:29:35 »
Seeing S4's mention of Brunswick Green took me back to the 1960's. All the 1000lb HE Bombs  and 250lb Depth Charges in RAF use were that Colour . Spent a few weeks one summer servicing  and painting some as the ID colour bands were updated at that time. .

Offline Ted Ingham

• Appreciation 38
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 17:36:02 »
Good Evening,
With reference to my post on the 21st November 2016 regarding information on the Wingham Engineering crane at Sandwich Quay 1961 and your replies confirming the correct colour of the crane.
My friend has just received the painting commissioned by him from Marine Artist John Baird and I have attached a photograph.The image is slightly cropped to a 600 x 800.
I think John has created a perfect picture of the coasters alongside and the crane,buildings and gas works of that period. Thank you.

Offline Ted Ingham

• Appreciation 38
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 10:06:46 »
Thank you Signals99...That now confirms the colour as I had an email from another friend whose Grandfather worked at Wingham.
Many thanks,
Ted

Offline Sentinel S4

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 165
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 15:49:28 »
Same green as the former SECR locos then...

S4.
A day without learning something is a day lost and my brain is hungry. Feed me please.

Offline Signals99

• Appreciation 36
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 09:23:11 »
Hi! At one time I was employed by SEEB 33Kv construction department, about the time of your photo, together with Wingham Engineering, were engaged in maintenance and repair of a tower line in that area. I think the colour you are looking for is Brunswick green, least ways that was the colour name on the tin the chaps used to touch up the cranes and dumper on site. Funny how after all this time it sticks in my mind, especially now, sometimes I have problems remembering what I did yesterday.

Offline Nemo

• Appreciation 15
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 16:31:16 »
You could always phone them and ask?

Offline Ted Ingham

• Appreciation 38
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 15:03:40 »
Thanks for your help and Yes Conan it is the same vessel.
Regards,
Ted

Offline Mickleburgh

• Appreciation 9
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 07:27:36 »
Wingham Engineering vehicles were a darkish green so far as I recall. Another long-standing engineering concern that underwent a number of changes of entity and is deserving of having its story told.

Offline conan

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 74
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 00:21:25 »
Can't help with the livery, but would this be the same vessel?

http://www.wrecksite.eu/wreck.aspx?74149
To remain ignorant of what happened before you were born is to remain a child......Cicero

Offline Ted Ingham

• Appreciation 38
Wingham Engineering
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 20:50:26 »
Good Evening,
I am researching on the coasters that called into Sandwich Quay during the 1950's and 60's with timber for Feltons and ballast for the building industry.
The attached photograph was taken on the 7th September 1961. On the Quay is Wingham Engineering`s mobile crane. A friend is commissioning a Marine artist to paint the scene in water colour.
Would anyone know what Wingham Engineering colours were?
Looking back through the KHF archives there are several mentions of their Sentinels. Would they have kept these colours in the 1960's. If so does anyone have a coloured photograph.
Thank you,
Ted Ingham

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines