News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dering Woods Massacre 1948  (Read 884 times)

Offline conan

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 74
Re: Dering Woods Massacre 1948
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 19:35:04 »
The advert for the post office in the top right corner also has a post code which were first introduced into England in the late 50s
To remain ignorant of what happened before you were born is to remain a child......Cicero

Offline Bryn Clinch

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 72
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 16:51:19 »
The price of the Smarden newspaper is shown as 1p, surely in 1948 it should have been 1d. So I agree  -  it`s a hoax!

Also the spelling of "center" is suspicious and the clear and relatively sharp typeface of "The Smarden Post" is at odds with the rest of the `worn out` appearance of the article.

Offline HERB COLLECTOR

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 218
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 16:37:15 »
Its a hoax.

KHF member Riding with the Angels has posted about this on his Ghost Connections website.
http://www.ghostconnections.com/the%20Screaming%20Woods.htm

(.......) Was it not Donald Trump who spoke of `fake news` in the American media?

Donald Trump is a well known liar. Any media that points out his lies he calls 'fake news'.

Offline Mickleburgh

• Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 15:52:02 »
Well, I await with bated breath what anyone else can uncover, but the account seems to have a lot of holes in it. Was it not Donald Trump who spoke of `fake news` in the American media?

Offline Colin

• Appreciation 0
Dering Woods Massacre 1948
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 15:37:19 »
I recently came across this by chance and was very surprised that I had never heard of it before, this is from an American website, hence the spelling. The wood is between Smarden and Pluckley and because of the latter's reputation for numerous alleged hauntings it is also known as Screaming Wood.

"The Dering Wood Massacre

The woodland has been the center of attention for this phenomena for many years. On the morning of November 1, 1948 twenty people from the Maltman's area were found dead, eleven of which were children. The bodies were forming a massive pile of human flesh and they didn't present any wound. Many reported seeing strange lights coming from the forest on the night of Halloween, when the massacre took place. The autopsy couldn't determine the cause of death and after few weeks the local authorities quickly ended the investigation, stating that the cause was carbon monoxide poisoning. This behavior raised questions about a possible involvement of the police in the matter at the time.

In 1964, private investigator Robert Collins conducted in-depth witness interviews designed to uncover hints about the alleged activity of an unknown religious cult in the village of Smarden. His research stopped after he died in a tragic car accident the following year.

The Dering Wood was home for another mystery when during October 1998 on the same night of fifty years before, four college students who were visiting the forest went missing after people from Pluckley reported seeing "light figures similar to spider webs" in the sky. Their bodies were never found and after three weeks, the police investigation stopped."
I can find no books on the subject and this is the only evidence of it being reported in the media,
https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/creepypasta/images/b/bd/DeringWoodMassacre.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/452?cb=20150118155635
However just to add to the mystery the photograph, which looks to me like it was taken in Russia judging by the uniforms has a link to Facebook, unlikely for 1948
Any ideas?

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines