News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Richmondcrest, Church St, Whitstable  (Read 463 times)

Offline parkerwoo

• Appreciation 0
Re: Richmondcrest, Church St, Whitstable
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 10:51:45 »
Thank you all - the pub opposite was OK but not the best.

I did see this and wondered but was one of many possibles, a bit posh for my family - a kind act by my Gt Grandfather to pull a family back together after his son was injured in WW1 (GSW Face and Tibia).

It appears my Father might have been thought of and conceived here? Gross mental thought though.

For those deep in family history - this search brought up a very topical issue. My Gran also lived there but was never listed on the Electoral Roles unlike my Gt Gran. Why? After the womens suffrage act it appears not all women registered to vote yet their husbands continued. From my understanding, my Gt Grandfather was open and forthright in modernity, Gt Gran on the list, but my Grandfather was not.  So she never appeared on the electoral roles.

Soon after here they all left my Gran to Witshire and Grandfather I lose track of until 1939 when he re-marries.

But again thank you very kind.

Offline scoop

• Appreciation 48
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 21:05:05 »
Yes. The house on the left.

Offline scoop

• Appreciation 48
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 14:26:23 »
Number 7.  One of a pair of semi detached houses on the corner of Ivy House Rd.  The other semi being number 5 (Barrowden Croft). 

Offline conan

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 72
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 11:56:08 »
It seems to still be there, it's mentioned in the council tax bandings list.

http://www.mycounciltax.org.uk/results?postcode=CT5+1PH
To remain ignorant of what happened before you were born is to remain a child......Cicero

Offline parkerwoo

• Appreciation 0
Richmondcrest, Church St, Whitstable
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 10:31:05 »
Does anyone know if the house 'Richmondcrest' still exists on Church St,. Whitstable?

My family lived there for about 3 - 4 years after WW1, 1918 to 1921 approx. Of course when I visit, no problem to walk its length and then take refreshment in the pub at the end, but just if anyone knows?

david

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines