News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Funton brickworks  (Read 987 times)

Offline Dave Smith

• Appreciation 10
Re: Funton brickworks
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 13:06:18 »
Maybe it will start a new fashion with houses on stilts. Lots of other areas that would be suitable for developers who have no thought of the aftermath of building on flood plains.

Offline mikegunnill

• Appreciation 3
    • The Upchurch Collection
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 08:13:27 »
Depends on SBC`s tame fat cat developers. I hear the Funton project didn't have the correct size brown envelopes, its currently been refused.

KCC have said, they will allow flooding in this area in the future. The river comes across the road now at high tide. Not sure where that leaves the proposed development.
Mike Gunnill

Upchurch in old picture postcards.
Otterham Kent - Your Heritage.

Offline grandarog

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 102
  • RAF Halton 1957-1960
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 22:33:17 »
Depends on SBC`s tame fat cat developers. I hear the Funton project didn't have the correct size brown envelopes, its currently been refused.

Online DaveTheTrain

• Appreciation 18
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 22:12:43 »
Wont be there much longer. Planning app to plaster site with houses submitted last year.

I had not heard that grandarog.  How many years do you think it will be before Rainham and Sittingbourne are finally connected by continuous housing, swallowing up Upchurch and Lower Halstow?  The borders seem to get closer every year.
DTT

Offline grandarog

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 102
  • RAF Halton 1957-1960
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 20:09:28 »
Won`t be there much longer. Planning app. to plaster site with houses submitted last year.

Offline conan

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 74
Funton brickworks
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 23:24:35 »
This has just been posted an urbex forum I'm a member of. I thought it would be of interest

https://www.derelictplaces.co.uk/main/industrial-sites/35358-funton-brickworks-lower-halstow-kent-august-2017-a.html
To remain ignorant of what happened before you were born is to remain a child......Cicero

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines