News: In June 1557 Edmund Allin, his wife and five others were burnt at the stake, where Drakes pub now stands in Fairmeadow, Maidstone, for refusing to accept Catholicism.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: A.R.P.Post Ordnance Street.  (Read 695 times)

Offline lutonman1

• Appreciation 2
Re: A.R.P.Post Ordnance Street.
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 13:23:03 »
A strange coincident Herb Collector, I was at Gravesend Hospital, about the same time, on a blind date.with a nurse, but the nurse was shy, although being coaxed by my next door neighbour, who was also a nurse in the hospital, she would not come out to meet me. My pal who came with me, as a date for my next door nurse, tried as we might, it was no go, so my pal, the nurse, and I, went dancing in Gravesend. I knew
who she was, as she used to visit my next door nurse, quite often.
MoK

Offline HERB COLLECTOR

• Established Member
  • Appreciation 224
Re: A.R.P.Post Ordnance Street.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 23:27:57 »

We also logged the first flying bomb, it  crossed Medway to land in the Greenhithe area. We logged it
as an aircraft with its engine on fire, flying very low, with a strange noise coming from it. It was a wonder      it missed the Cobham barrage balloon area.

My mum, then a nurse at Gravesend, saw it crash. She said that everybody was cheering thinking it was a (manned) German aircraft crashing.
I Wish It Would Rain The Temptations

Offline lutonman1

• Appreciation 2
A.R.P.Post Ordnance Street.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 23:24:30 »
While on duty as an arp messenger, I personallly saw the flying bomb cut out, then glide on to Strood,
then blew up, in the Frinsbury area. We logged the incident.
We also logged the first flying bomb, it  crossed Medway to land in the Greenhithe area. We logged it
as an aircraft with its engine on fire, flying very low, with a strange noise coming from it. It was a wonder      it missed the Cobham barrage balloon area.
MoK

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines