News:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Medway City Ark  (Read 210 times)

Offline Lutonman

• Appreciation 42
Re: Medway City Ark
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 16:46:01 »
No I didn't bet that was no surprise!

Offline MartinR

• Appreciation 1
Re: Medway City Ark
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 22:25:34 »
Thank you for that link.  Did you realise that Rochester Cathedral was paying out money to support Polish refugees - in 1673/4!   Not what I was really looking for, but an odd little snippet I noticed.

Offline Lutonman

• Appreciation 42
Medway City Ark
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 16:18:08 »
If anyone has been trying to use the Medway City Ark site for Parish Records, it`s not been working. I contacted them and got the following reply which contains a link to their new site which is soon to be released:

"Cityark is unexpectedly down and I cannot advise further at the moment. However, it is soon to be replaced by our new archive online catalogue which will also host the parish register images (- in a more user-friendly format).

There will be a soft launch of the new database, in the coming weeks.

You can view it at: http://medway.adlibhosting.com.

To access the parish registers, click on:

·         Parish records on front page of the new database

·         Select your parish and move your cursor over the title (font will turn red)

·         Click, then you will get a brief Title, collection ref (eg P8); covering dates, and level of description (ie collection/fonds level)

To move down the hierarchy to get to the document level (ie the register), click on either the blue cross or the blue title and then the different record series will appear, keep clicking the cross or title until you have the document description. If it is digitised, it will say ‘digitised version ‘ and then there will be a pdf link to click on, alongside.

It sounds a bit complicated but it isn’t really, give it a go, and get back to me if you find you are struggling.

Kind regards

Alison Cable
Archivist
Medway Archives Centre
32 Bryant Rd
Strood
ME2 3EP" 

I have been using it and it works fine and Parish Records are now displayed as PDF's and much easier to work through, the site is slow at times.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines