News: In June 1557 Edmund Allin, his wife and five others were burnt at the stake, where Drakes pub now stands in Fairmeadow, Maidstone, for refusing to accept Catholicism.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: New Admin  (Read 3354 times)

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 421
    • Sheppey History
Re: New Admin
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 18:38:03 »
Through only a handful of people volunteering to help, under duress, I have now closed new registrations.

The forum will be left to run it's course now and in time will be archived so that the information is not lost.  Until that time you are free to continue posting.

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 421
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 20:48:08 »
No takers on this either...

So in the New Year I will be looking to shut new registrations and only allow current members to post in the view of letting the forum run it's course and to be archived as read only.

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 421
    • Sheppey History
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 19:45:25 »
So no takers on this....

So the next question is is anyone willing to take on a little responsibility.  For instance checking new registrations?  Moderation of posts (moving, amending, deleting). 

Please message me if you are.

I can ensure you are not labelled as admin/moderator etc so no one knows.

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 421
    • Sheppey History
New Admin
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 20:12:53 »
Hi,

I am looking for someone to take over the general running of the forum, I don't have time anymore and the forum is suffering for it.  We need someone to give it a new lease of life and someone who has the time to give it the attention it needs.

I would say you would need to spend at least 2 hours doing the background work but another 1-2 hours of making new posts to capture peoples attention.  It needs to be someone who has a general interest in history and can post a broad range of items.

As Admin you can expect some problems with problematic members (not that we currently have any) and be able to deal with these fairly - no outright bans unless really necessary.

You may encounter some negativity but I can say from experience, the respect you earn, the loyalty from the members and the self achievement when you watch the forum come to life counters any negativity you receive.

You will have to earn the respect of the members (if you haven't already) and also of me - I will be watching over your shoulder until I know it is working out for everyone.

I am not leaving, but I can't keep promising you all (or myself) that I will find the time and start back in the driving seat.  I have loads to post still but I just don't have the time to do it as I used to.

So, if you are interested, please message me.  Treat it like a job application in the sense of I need to know how you intend on giving the forum a new lease of life, how you intend to deal with problematic members, and add anything that you think you can give to the forum.

We used to have up to 2000 posts each month!  We only now have around 400.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Kyn

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines