News: The modern name of Kent is derived from the Brythonic word kantos meaning "rim" or "border", or possibly from a homonymous word kanto "horn, hook"
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Death of a Princess  (Read 910 times)

Offline Trikeman

• Appreciation 26
  • History from above
Death of a Princess
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 12:32:10 »
Hovercraft Museum Lee on Solent - Princess Margaret broken up but Princess Anne saved

See pictures of Hovercraft 'Princess Margaret' being broken up at Lee on Solent 26 Mar - they had already been at it for a week! A regular on the Channel for many years. I'd actually been on that one. I have vague memories of trying to drink a glass of wine - somewhat unsuccessfully if I recall due to the constant buffeting. It was quick though.Fortunately they still have Sister ship 'Princess Anne' and lottery funding to secure the Museum. They are arranging trips from the museum on the sole operational Hovercraft which currently plies Southsea - IOW.
The airfield is being re-developed but will remain very much operational what with the new SAR helicopter base. Light aviation is being encouraged and perhaps some passenger services in the near future.The tower has been reclad and is being used for airfield control and the runway has been resurfaced. All good news

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines