News: Gypsy tart originated from the Isle of Sheppey
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: East Barracks, Deal  (Read 1005 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kyn

  • Administrator
  • Established Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 7431
  • Appreciation 409
    • Sheppey History
East Barracks, Deal
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 19:58:32 »
Originally built as a hospital, the barracks opened in 1795, the building had to be rebuilt after being struck by lightning.  The Royal Marines School of Music moved in 1930 and is now a private housing estate.

The first photos show blocks N, O, P
The two smaller buildings at the front are the barber's and Guard House
The fourth photo is the Clothing Inspection Shed
Five shows Quarter Masters house, offiece and the end of the Tailors building.
six shows the cook house and prep room.
Seven shows the stables and the last image shows the rear of blocks M and L (the letters are above the front doors at the front.

 

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines