News: The modern name of Kent is derived from the Brythonic word kantos meaning "rim" or "border", or possibly from a homonymous word kanto "horn, hook"
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: GDPR  (Read 131 times)

Offline kyn

• Administrator
  • Established Member
  • Appreciation 419
    • Sheppey History
GDPR
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 21:06:53 »
I am sure you have all heard about the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) by now, and received many emails regarding the new rules.  I did wonder whether I needed to say anything about it, but through training at work I thought I should make it clear what information is stored by the forum and also by myself.

As you know when you register on the forum you need to provide some information, the only thing classed as personal data (something that can identify you as a person) is your email address.  This is the only personal information you need to provide.  The only information the forum collects and stores is your IP address, this is used to identify you on the database, and is also used to check members and registrations against spam accounts.  Some of you have added your date of birth, this is stored on the forum and allows the software to send you a birthday greeting.

If you wish to change any personal information you have supplied you can remove this in your profile settings.  However, your email address is necessary and can not be removed.

If for some reason we lose the forum through hacking or deletion I can upload a back up.  Every time I save a back up of the forum I am saving these personal details with it.  The back up downloads every single thing from the forum.  I can open this file and see the details you have entered in your profile.  However, I only keep the most recent back up.  So if you go into your profile settings and remove any personal data you do not want to have saved on the forum, when I do the new back up and delete the old one, I will not have this information anymore.

I can also go into your profile and remove personal data if you request this of me.

I have never, and will never, use this information for anything other than reinstating the forum.  I have never, and will never, provide any information you have provided to anyone else for any reason.

If you want further information about GDPR please follow this link: https://www.eugdpr.org/

If you have any concerns regarding the forum and GDPR please contact me.

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines