News: In June 1557 Edmund Allin, his wife and five others were burnt at the stake, where Drakes pub now stands in Fairmeadow, Maidstone, for refusing to accept Catholicism.
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Deal and Walmer Families - BMD dates  (Read 101 times)

Offline Alastair

• Appreciation 13
Deal and Walmer Families - BMD dates
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 15:04:47 »
I am producing a series of booklets on the families of Deal and Walmer - one for each family. Not a history of the families, but a record of all dates of Marriages, Baptisms and Burials from when records began in the 1560's or so, the idea being to assist those constructing family trees. The records do not come from the internet as these are often incorrect but are taken from written records of the time.
The first two are ready, being the Axon and Eastes families.
The Axons originally came from Stockport and were stalwarts of the boatmen of Walmer for a hundred or so years from 1800.
The Eastes date back to before records began and some went to America where they made, I believe, quite a name for themselves.
They cost 10 each including P&P and can be seen on my website www.dealandwalmerfamiliesbmddates.weebly.com
The next one coming along is the Finnis family, who began, in this area, in St Margaret's before moving to Deal.

Alastair

BloQcs design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.11 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines